Here are 5 quick tips on how to sell your house fast. When you’re flipping houses, you always want to sell fast because you’ve got a lot of money tied up in the rehabbed property.
5 Tips To Sell Your House Fast
- Price your house right
- Double check every little thing
- Stage your house to sell fast
- Maximize curb appeal
- Step up the wow factor
Let’s take a closer look at these 5 ways to make your house sell faster. These apply whether you are flipping houses or selling your own home.
Price your house right:
- Set your selling price below comparable houses. The best deals always sell fast.
- Set your asking price below significant thresholds. $399k, not $409k.
- Listen to your Realtor when it comes to setting price. They know the market.
- Use a sales flyer to justify your price. List all recent repairs and updates.
- Don’t reject low price offers. Always counter offer to try to close the deal.
- Beware of market timing. Houses sell fastest April through August.
Double check every little thing:
- Make sure all light bulbs and switches are working.
- Replace all filters, oil squeaky hinges, touch up paint scuffs, etc.
- Check all major appliances, garage door opener, and HVAC.
- Check your plumbing fixtures, toilets, water softener, etc.
- Have the house professionally cleaned – floors, windows, etc.
Stage your house to sell fast:
- Use professional staging to create a great first impression.
- Using staged home photos in your MLS listing is a must.
- Reveal and showcase your hardwood floors.
- If you don’t use staging, then declutter every room.
- Open up all the blinds and let in as much light as possible.
- Use pops of color to add warmth to each room.
Maximize curb appeal:
- Have at least one bed of colorful flowers in bloom.
- Replace the mailbox with a brand new one.
- Add bronze house numbers near the front door.
- Trim back all shrubs and low-hanging tree limbs.
- Get the lawn looking great ahead of time or re-sod the yard.
- Add a few small, colorful accent plants near the front door.
Step up the wow factor:
- Paint the front door. Red is a great choice because its vibrant.
- Add some pizzazz to the foyer as its the first thing people see.
- Use some paint colors besides beige and white.
- Add accent colors to one wall for some dramatic effect.
- Use some eye-catching artwork or wall hangings to add pop.
- Modern tile choices enhance bathrooms and kitchen backsplash.
- Create a great impression. Make your house standout from the crowd.
Follow these 5 tips and your house will sell fast.