When you are selling your house, curb appeal can make or break the sale. These selling house curb appeal tips will help you get top dollar and a quick sale.
House Selling: Curb Appeal Tips
The best ways to maximize your house’s curb appeal:
- Wash everything – the driveway, the sidewalk, the siding, the windows, the front door, etc.
- Remove overgrown shrubs and small trees that block the view from the street.
- Plant small, colorful groupings of plants to liven the front of the house.
- Get your front yard manicured by a lawn service so it’s in pristine condition.
- Paint the house trim and the door trim with a color that pops.
- Replace the exterior front porch light fixtures.
- Replace your mailbox and add new house numbers that stand out.
- Replace worn or dated looking door knobs and locks.
- Consider a new front door or paint the old one to freshen the home’s look.
- Place a large planted pot on each side of the front door.
- Add new metal house numbers near your front door as well.
- Remove any and all clutter from the yard, porch, and garage areas.
- Draw back all your window curtains to let in as much light as possible.
- Another selling house curb appeal tip is to open all the window blinds.
- Give all your flower beds and lawn edges a crisp, well-defined edge.
- Spray your roof shingles with cleaning solution so their color is uniform and bright.
- Repair any and all cracks in your driveway, sidewalk, porch steps, etc.
- Paint your garage door and nearby trim, or replace your garage door entirely.
- Add lighting along your walkway from the driveway to the porch.
- Update any porch furniture with new and colorful pillows.
- Clean your gutters and if necessary, get any problems repaired.
- Remove any weeds from your yard and fertilize the lawn so it’s green.
- Prune dead limbs from trees and shape your shrubs with clippers.
- Add colorful plantings around your mailbox area.
- Wet down the driveway before your open house so its fresh and clean.
These 25 house selling curb appeal tips will work wonders for turning lookers into buyers.